Marthasville Volunteer Fire Department
The Marthasville Volunteer Fire Department was started in 1928 to provide the citizens of Marthasville and the surrounding area with a volunteer fire department with a professional attitude. The department now has three stations and 11 fire trucks of various types. One thing that hasn’t changed over the years is the dedication of the volunteers that make the department possible.
The department provides protection to 168 square miles responding to a wide variety of emergencies. Along with responding to fires, the department also is responsible for responding to vehicle accidents, hazardous materials spills, rescues, and serious medical emergencies.
Sitting from Left to Right: 2nd Assistant Chief Jamie Faust, 1st Assistant Chief Buddy Gildehaus, Chief Jeff Backhaus, President Jim Buescher, Vice President Ken Eddons. Standing from Left to Right: Captian Chatty Hellebusch; Captain Station 2, Mike Niemeyer; 2nd Lieutenant Station 2, Tim Maune; 2nd Lieutenant Station 3, Steve Schwoeppe; 1st Lieutenant Station 3, Marvin Schwoeppe; Captain Station 3, Marvin Leesmann; Captain Rescue, Dan Grafrath; 1st Lieutenant Rescue, Kevin Watts; 1st Lieutenant Pumpers Station 1, Justin Backhaus; 2nd Lieutenant Pumpers Station 1. Not Pictured are: Jack Lovelace; 1st Lieutenant Station 2 and Jon Struckhoff; Captain Pumpers Station 1